Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Best Frozen Yogurt (is it too early to claim this?)

Every Friday I have a lunch appointment.  On my calendar it says 40 CAR GO (a little play on a company ticker, if you are familiar with a Terminal, you'll understand. Oddly, Blogger won't let me put the < > around the GO).  My next door neighbor and I have been to Forty Carrots at Bloomingdale's twice now to sample what I think could be the best frozen yogurt in New York. 


Ok, I need to try other places, I know.  But they keep disappearing:  Red Mango, 16 Handles.  Flavaboom just opened an outlet, but it could be gone soon, too.  Remember the days when TCBY was everywhere?  I never see those anymore.


Yes, I've written about it before (see my March Post).  But I didn't really try it then.  And now I've had it.  The coffee with chocolate, the coffee with plain....maybe plain and peanut butter on Friday.  


You know what it is?  It's just plain creamy, with a healthy serving for the right price.  Pinkberry seems overpriced now.  My cup below is $4.50 if you are curious.  


And while I've always been so so on the tangy thing, this one is tangy AND creamy.  So it's perfect.  


Look at this yummy treat.  And then look at what some tourist got.  Talk about yogurt and fruit. I had to take a picture it was so funny to see.



And just so you can see how much I enjoyed it, this is me digging in back in the office.  Forty Carrots is connected to a little lunch spot on the 7th floor.  Definitely a ladies who lunch crowd.   Me, I need to head back to the office...

I will admit, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Arch's in Charlottesville.  They had super low cal flavors and something called the Archer with all kinds of mix ins.  Oh, how I loved those in business school.  But I can't get there as quickly, so until my next Charlottesville trip, I fondly remember those afternoons with the girls.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails