Monday, July 6, 2009

Triathlon Clothes

I just finished 4 days of harder training on the triathlon front and have to admit, I'm a little tired right now! I'm trying to work on the nutrition part so am biking with my preferred G2 (Blueberry Pomegranate) and am testing out a few Gu flavors (one would think I would remember what ones I like).

Besides concern about overall training, I'm thinking about my race outfit. There is something mental about having the right shorts or the right shirt with support. I have my fair share of natural padding so like longer shirts and things that aren't too tight (why create more bulge?)

Last year, I found myself shopping for a new shirt the day before the triathlon. This was not a good idea, as I was frustrated with my choices, tired from walking and should have just relaxed the day before the race. Needless to say, I was late getting my bike to check in and wiped out on the way. This year I started a little earlier (a month). My lesson learned is that I should shop year round and get last season's styles on sale in the winter.

Team Estrogen has a great site. A great site in my opinion does not have an overwhelming number of items, but has a solid selection that has been tested out and comes recommended. I bought these De Soto shorts because they are low rise and don't have a really tight band at the bottom. These have been on the bike twice now and are working well. I don't think I'm going to wear these race day because they lack pockets, but have been good on the trainer.



I am still in search of a shirt that is quick dry when I come out of the water, has enough bra support, and is just a bit longer (for vanity reasons). I haven't found it yet, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Southern Aspirations said...

YAY for hard workouts! Good choices. Really liked the site- will have to get some running gear.

Jillie said...

I could use new running shirts myself! My favorite is my Lulu shirt from 2 years ago. I guess it was worth the $50 because I wear it much more than my cheap ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails