Sunday, July 18, 2010

Donuts, Again!

I've now posted about doughnuts three times now.  It's not like I'm eating doughnuts all the time.  I can assure you that I've had them three times this past year.  But I love to give them a try, especially when there is some history behind them or something that makes them different.

The scene of the crime this time was Gerry's Donuts of Ellington, CT.  More on my very relaxing weekend with the family to come later this week.  But right now the focus is on the fried dough at hand.  Gerry's is just a local place, but the one thing that can get me up and out for 8 am mass...knowing there is a doughnut at the other end.  

They have a slight crunch on the outside and are nice and cakey inside.  And they have great coffee.  I love the crumb one as well, but opted for cinnamon and sugar today.  And mom had a powdered.

It's such a small, local place.  And I love it.  Not that you may get to Ellington all that often, but it's definitely worth a stop.


1 comment:

Mommy Mayhem said...

They look so yummy! I do have to ask you how in the world do you stay so thin. So far I know you eat huge Ice creams, Corn on the cob and doughnuts!! Girl pass on the secret!! I do remember that I used to be able to eat that way before I got preggo!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails