Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!



Our day ended with Strawberry Shortcake.  I had a craving for it, the kind with drop biscuits and Cool Whip or Reddi Whip.  Just like when I was a kid.  My grandmother also did the drop biscuits.  Mine were care of Trader Joe's mix.  And I really was going to make real whipped cream, but I didn't want to dirty another bowl, I'll admit.


Earlier in the day we went down to the South Ferry stop and walked up through Tribeca.  Here's a shot of Lady Liberty, how appropriate for the Fourth.  Lots of tourists, I felt like one taking pictures.
And then I wanted to see how the World Trade Center area was progressing, it's really coming along.  They even have the glass on the outside now.

Finished up our day with a burger at The National on Rivington (it was really good!).  Juicy, the right bun, and some blue cheese on top.  Good call, M.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails