Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Orleans Style Iced Coffee


San Francisco:  Blue Bottle @ the Ferry Bldg
I missed our Joe coffee trip on Saturday, but it was the kind of day where I was up for coffee a little later.  Maybe an Iced Coffee.  M said that Blue Bottle had a spot on the High Line.  Blue Bottle is a San Francisco thing, and something I didn't write about in my May posts about my trip out there.  I really wanted to try it, it was just hard to fit it in during my afternoon at the Ferry Building




Iced Coffee @ the High Line
I had my chance. Granted, it wasn't hot drip.  I went with the New Orleans style.  Now, I've seen this around, but didn't know exactly what it was.  It says it's sweet, and I don't like my coffee drinks too sweet (because I wonder how much sugar and calories are in it). But she sold me, she said the "slight" sweetness balanced the chicory of the coffee.


And it was great.  Even better with the whole milk because it's creamier.  Loved it.  Will be back, and would like to get to the Brooklyn outpost. I heard it's coming to Rock Center, so that might be easier.
















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails